In addition to book-related appearances, Eliza teaches and speaks to audiences of all ages. Visit her Speaking page for keynote and workshop information. To discuss your event, please contact her.
Tony’s Market hosted a book signing for “101 Things To Do With Bacon,” with owner Tony Rosacci and the world’s best giant bacon strips, Brian and Matt.
- September 22, 2016 – During the Epic Beer and Bacon Tasting at Epic Brewing’s Denver Taproom, Eliza signed beer and bacon cookbooks. The event, hosted by Eliza’s daughter Gracie Metzger, benefited the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- February 23, 2016 – Britt Moreno from CBS-4 Denver interviewed Eliza about how to go on a money diet.
- November 6 – 8, 2015 – Eliza signed books during the 12th Annual Colorado Country Christmas Gift Show at the Colorado Authors’ League Book Booth.
- August 15, 2015 – At the grand opening of the Local Editions bookstore in Longmont, Eliza demonstrated how to make mini BLT appetizers and signed books.
- Oct. 24, 2014 – Colorado pickle lovers celebrated the launch of 101 Things To Do With a Pickle at Biker Jim’s Gourmet Dogs downtown, with pickle shots, Biker Jim’s fried pickles, and an artisan pickle tasting sponsored by The Real Dill.
- January 18, 2014 – As a finalist for the Boulder Writers Workshop’s Comedy Writing Contest, Eliza read her prose “How To Submit.”
- January 16, 2014 – Brooke Wagner of Fox-31 Denver interviewed Eliza on “Good Day Colorado” about the January Money Diet.
- October 15, 2013 – Eliza signed copies of 101 Things To Do With Bacon for the Central City Opera Guild.
- May 10, 2013 – Eliza presented the Friday night keynote, “Less is the New More,” at the Pagosa Women’s Weekend presented by Step Outdoors, LLC.
- October 6, 2012 – The aroma of bacon wafted through the Grand Court of the Cherry Creek Shopping Center during Eliza’s cooking demonstration at the Home & Lifestyle Show, presented by Colorado Homes & Lifestyles magazine.
- August 11, 2012 – When she wasn’t eating corn dogs or chatting with zombies, Eliza peddled bacon cookbooks at the Denver County Fair.
- March 3, 2012 – The launch party for the book Until They Have Faces: Stories of Recovery, Resilience, and Redemption — an anthology honoring Boulder’s homeless community — brought together the writers and subjects of the book.
- February 25, 2012 – At the Idaho Springs Library, Eliza prepared Mini BLTs and signed 101 Things To Do With Bacon as part of the library’s “Books and Cooks” program.
- October 7, 2011 – Eliza appeared on KCCB’s “Off The Page” with host Stacy McKenzie to talk about the process of writing 101 Things To Do With Bacon.
- August 11, 2011 – Tony’s Market in Denver hosted the book signing for 101 Things To Do With Bacon, where two giant bacon strips lured customers in from the street and one lucky reader won a year’s supply of Tony’s private label bacon.
- September 25, 2010 – Eliza’s 60-second pitch won “Pitchapalooza” at the Writers & the Independent Marketplace Conference presented by the Mountain & Plains Independent Booksellers Association.
Classes and Workshops
- September 10, 2016 – At the Colorado Book Festival, Eliza appeared on the panel for “Get Cooking! Writing, Publishing, and Selling Your Cookbook.”
- November 16, 2013 – For author Maury Ankrum’s University of Denver Enrichment Program class “Home for the Holidays: Secrets to a Memorable Celebration,” Eliza demonstrated easy-to-prepare holiday foods.
- November 17, 2011 – For the panel “Hungry to Learn About Food Writing?” sponsored by the Colorado Authors’ League, Eliza was honored to share the microphone with chef/author Michele Morris, Elisa Bosley – Senior Food Editor at Delicious Living, and Lynne Eppel – Publisher/Editor of Edible Front Range.
- February 14, 2011 – “Food Writing is Fun” was extra fun-for Eliza, who presented to the second grade class at Lois Lenski Elementary School in Littleton, CO.
- November 7, 14 and 21, 2009 – Eliza presented a creative writing workshop, “Writing Your Life,” at three Denver metro area libraries.
- May 24, 2007 – Eliza presented the writing workshop, “Finish What You Write and Send it Off!” at the Golden Library.
At the book signing for “101 Things To Do With a Pickle,” Eliza poses with Miles LaGree – World’s Best Dancing Pickle