In addition to book-related appearances, Eliza teaches and speaks to audiences of all ages. Visit her Speaking page for keynote and workshop information. To discuss your event, please contact her.
- Oct. 29, 2020 – Eliza presented “Put Your Wallet on a Money Diet: 10 Practical Ways to Save” at the 2020 Family Engagement and Cultural Effectiveness Conference for Region 9 Head Start Association.
- May 20, 2020 – Eliza will teach “”How To Write and Publish Your Cookbook: 7 Ingredients for Success” for the University of Denver’s OLLI program. (Note: This seminar was postponed due to the pandemic and will be rescheduled.)
- May 11, 2019 – The Bacon and Beer Classic returned to Denver, and Eliza loved judging tasty bacon cuisine and craft beers at the event–especially since it featured two of her favorite food groups.
- April 26, 2019 – Eliza joined Wisconsin Public Radio host Rob Ferrett for a special bacon-themed edition of his popular show “Food Friday.”
- October 13, 2018 – At the the Mountains and Plains Independent Booksellers Association’s Fall Discover Show, Eliza enjoyed meeting many wonderful booksellers at the Books and Brews Author Speed-Dating event.
- May 12, 2018 – Eliza was honored to be a food and beverage judge at the Denver Bacon and Beer Classic.
- March 3, 2018 – In the esteemed company of authors J.L. Fields and Barbara Stafford, Eliza moderated the Food Writing Panel at the Colorado Book Festival.
- December 9, 2017 – Epic Brewing’s Christmas Cookie Contest was even more epic this year, and Eliza was honored to help judge both the sweet and bubbly treats.
- June 22, 2017 – Eliza served as a culinary judge at Top Taco Denver. Pure taco nirvana.
- May 25, 2017 – It wasn’t easy judging Denver’s best fried chicken, but Eliza rose to the challenge at the Chicken Fight! Festival.
- May 13, 2017 – Eliza judged tasty bacon cuisine and craft beers for the Denver Bacon and Beer Classic.
Events prior to 2017 are listed in the Events Archive.
Classes and Workshops
- May 20, 2020 – Eliza will teach “How To Write and Publish Your Cookbook: 7 Ingredients for Success” for the University of Denver OLLI program. (Note: This seminar was postponed due to the pandemic and will be rescheduled.)
- March 3, 2018 – Eliza moderated the panel “Secrets of Cookbook Chefs: How to Live Well, Love Right, Save Money, Master Flavor and Cook Better, Too” at the Colorado Book Festival.
- September 10, 2016 – At the Colorado Book Festival, Eliza appeared on the panel for “Get Cooking! Writing, Publishing, and Selling Your Cookbook.”
- November 16, 2013 – For author Maury Ankrum’s University of Denver Enrichment Program class “Home for the Holidays: Secrets to a Memorable Celebration,” Eliza demonstrated easy-to-prepare holiday foods.
- November 17, 2011 – For the panel “Hungry to Learn About Food Writing?” sponsored by the Colorado Authors’ League, Eliza was honored to share the microphone with chef/author Michele Morris, Elisa Bosley – Senior Food Editor at Delicious Living, and Lynne Eppel – Publisher/Editor of Edible Front Range.
- February 14, 2011 – “Food Writing is Fun” was extra fun-for Eliza, who presented to the second grade class at Lois Lenski Elementary School in Littleton, CO.
- November 7, 14 and 21, 2009 – Eliza presented a creative writing workshop, “Writing Your Life,” at three Denver metro area libraries.
- May 24, 2007 – Eliza presented the writing workshop, “Finish What You Write and Send it Off!” at the Golden Library.