Author Gail Riley graciously shares a recipe from her new book, Colorado Romance: Love Notes and Recipes for Happiness. This hearty salad makes a perfect summertime meal, and Gail suggests pairing it with your favorite red wine and a crusty loaf of bread.
Beef Caesar Salad
- 1 pound top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick or 16 ounces fully cooked beef, strips or cooked beef steaks, leftover steak
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 10 ounces complete Caesar salad in a bag (you certainly can substitute fresh romaine torn in bite sized pieces, dressing and croutons)
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
1. Trim fat from steak. Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
2. Combine beef, garlic, oil and pepper. Toss to coat. Heat large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
3. Add beef strips (half at a time) and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Steak can also be grilled whole then sliced. Leftover steak works great here too!
4. Remove from skillet. Season to taste.
Note: To substitute the fully cooked beef strips or leftover steak just heat them up and continue with the next steps.
5. In large bowl, combine beef with lettuce and dressing from salad kit. Toss lightly.
6. Add croutons from kit (or box or homemade) and top with Parmesan cheese. (I like fresh cheese here shaved in thin slices.)
Serve immediately. Makes 2-3 generous servings.
1 thought on “Highland Haven’s Beef Caesar Salad”