Are you enjoying this beautiful autumn? (How is it already the middle of September?) Here are a few fun finds from around the web this week:
1. I just finished the most delightful biography, Some Writer! (that’s an affiliate link) about author E.B. White who wrote Charlotte’s Web and Stuart Little, among other books. This beautiful volume is not only a fascinating read about White’s life, it’s a visual feast thanks to author/artist Melissa Sweet‘s wonderful original illustrations and collages that feature ephemera like original letters, photos and manuscript pages.
2. How to Read More, by Austin Kleon.
3. The Instagram account I return to, again and again: @davidleite. David is the creator of Leite’s Culinaria, a mouth-watering website featuring foods from popular cookbooks. The twist? Real home cooks prepare the recipes and share their photos and impressions.
4. King Arthur Flour’s recipe of the year is Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting.
5. It’s peach season here in Colorado, a little later than normal this year. If you have a plethora of peaches, here’s how to freeze them, puree them, use them on a grilled flatbread, prepare a tasty ricotta-peach toast, make peach preserves or salsa, and bake a perfect peach pie.
6. How many remaining weeks do we have? Your Life in Weeks is an eye-opening, visual lifespan calendar that I can’t stop thinking about.
7. If you’re weary of negative news stories, visit Good News Network for an inspiring, refreshing dose of positivity. Instead of crime and politics, read about Denmark’s recent telethon that raised millions to plant trees or a scientist who invented a new, biodegradable plastic made from cactus leaves.
Quote of the week: “Inspiration usually comes during work, rather than before it.” ~ Madeleine L’Engle
How About You?
What are you reading, watching, eating, creating and thinking about? If you come across something good that belongs in this roundup, leave a comment or drop me a note at mail @ elizacross . com.
Have a good week and best always,
P.S. You still have two days to enter to win a new hardback copy of the cookbook Pumpkin It Up!
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases which help offset the expenses of running this website. Your prices are exactly the same whether your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. Thank you for your support.