This no bake strawberry cheesecake without gelatin is light, sweet and creamy. We LOVE cheesecake in this family, and we especially adore it topped with sweet, juicy strawberries.
The filling in this cheesecake pie is so light and creamy. It’s a sweet, flavorful blend of softened cream cheese, whipped cream and Greek yogurt. The non bake recipe is so easy to put together, and it’s the dessert my son wants for his birthday every year! (Another favorite dessert is Crispy Meringue Pavlovas with Berries and Ice Cream.)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
(Want to get right to the good stuff? Click on any of these headings to jump ahead!
- Why You’ll Love This Sweet Dessert
- Ingredients and Substitutions
- Cooking Equipment
- Step by Step Directions
- Refrigerating No Bake Cheesecake
- Freezing Instructions
- Crust Variations
- Save for Later
Why You’ll Love This Sweet Dessert
- The filling is lighter and creamier than traditional cheesecake.
- The simple topping of halved fresh strawberries lets the true berry flavor shine through.
- No baking means no hot kitchen!
- The combination of flavors is so delicious. You’ll love the contrast of sweet and tangy with the addition of a little Greek yogurt and fresh lemon juice.
- This no bake cheesecake is made without condensed milk or sour cream, and no gelatin is needed for this eggless recipe. The flavor is so pure and creamy!
- You can make the cheesecake ahead of time and refrigerate it for a few days or freeze it for up to one month. Just add the fresh berries right before serving.
Ingredients and Substitutions
From the top, here are the ingredients you’ll need to prepare this creamy cheesecake. You’ll find the exact quantities on the recipe card below.
Graham Cracker Crust – You can make your own (here’s a good homemade graham cracker crust recipe) or use one from the store.
Strawberries – Look for nice red, ripe, unbruised strawberries. (Organic are best if you can find them, since conventionally grown strawberries are on the Environmental Working Group’s Dirty Dozen list for high pesticide residue.)
Lemon juice – Fresh squeezed has the best flavor, but you can use bottled lemon juice, too.
Cream – Look for “heavy whipping cream” at the store.
Full fat Greek yogurt – This gives the cheesecake its complex flavor. Use a full fat plain yogurt like Fage 5%. You can substitute regular sour cream if you like.
You probably have the equipment you need to make this recipe on hand:
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- A stand mixer with the whisk attachment
- -or- An electric mixer and mixing Bowl
- A silicone spatula
- A pie plate
Step by Step Directions
Begin by combining the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and Greek yogurt in a mixing bowl with your electric mixer until it’s nice and smooth.
In your stand mixer or a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream to firm peaks.
Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
Spread it nicely into the graham cracker crust. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
Just before serving, arrange the halved strawberries on top.
Cut in wedges, serve and enjoy!
How Long Can You Keep a No Bake Cheesecake in the Fridge?
This pie can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days. To keep the crust crisp you may wish to store the strawberries separately, so they don’t release juice.
Can You Freeze a No Bake Cheesecake?
This cheesecake pie freezes well. After it has chilled for at least 4 hours to firm the filling, wrap it in plastic wrap, cover with foil and freeze it for up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter for about an hour before serving. Add the fresh strawberries at serving time.
What are Some Good Recipes for Cheesecake Crust That Don’t Contain Graham Crackers?
This Butter Cookie Crust recipe is outstanding with non bake cheesecake.
You might also enjoy this No Bake Oreo Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe: Substitute an Oreo cookie crust for the graham cracker crust. Fold 1/2 cup finely crumbled Oreos into the filling after adding the whipped cream.
Here’s the full, printable recipe:
- 1 9" graham cracker crust prepared in a pie pan
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup full fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- Additional whipped cream for topping, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, Greek yogurt, lemon juice and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until firm peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the filling in the graham cracker crust. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Top the cheesecake with the halved strawberries.
- Cut in wedges and serve.
Store leftover cheesecake tightly wrapped in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The no bake cheesecake pie can be made ahead and frozen. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and foil and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight or on the countertop for 1 hour before serving. Add the strawberries just before serving.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 466Total Fat: 33.7gSaturated Fat: 21.3gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 34.7gFiber: 1.7gSugar: 29.7gProtein: 8.4g
If you enjoy this Strawberry Cheesecake recipe, I’d be thrilled if you clicked the little stars above and gave the recipe a 5-star rating.
Save for Later
If you use Pinterest to save ideas and share recipes, here’s a handy pin:
Let’s keep this party going! I’d love to connect with you on social media:
I love seeing your culinary creations! If you prepare any of these recipes or want to show me something new you made, tag me on Instagram or Twitter at @elizacross or #elizacross so I can share your photos.